CBC Guiding Principles
Thank you for visiting the Carnegie Business Collaborative web site. Our guidelines for enhancing mutual success are as follows;
1. Our guiding principles are Opportunity, Education, Achievement and Philanthropy.
2. All members are expected to engage with the spirit and the intent to present growth opportunities to other CBC members.
3. Growth Opportunities require TRUST. This will take time. All members are expected to get to know one another thru one-on-one meetings with other members OR in small groups as appropriate (Power Teams). Getting to know fellow members and their expertise is the surest way to cultivate trust and ultimately generate referrals.
4. CBC members’ success is rooted in members being committed to attending the bi-weekly meetings consistently and actively engaged in its events and planning.
5. Members are expected to bring their “A” Game. CBC provides the opportunity to to connect and educate like-minded professionals on how they can refer business to each other. Make every meeting count! Successful members plan member introductions carefully so to effectively communicate preferred referrals.
6. CBC members are encouraged to bring business cards, fliers and information about their business to help other members make better referrals.
7. All growth opportunities generated will be shared within the group meeting with as much detail as possible. Sensitive information does not need to be shared, but it will be important for CBC to understand and promote the benefits of membership, which will be to the benefit of all involved.
8. Additional costs due to educational speakers or larger event costs will be presented to the membership by the Board and voted upon. Only a simple majority will be required. If it is a tie, the final decision will be at discretion of the Board.
9. The meeting space is being provided to us at no charge by Boston Properties. Members, please be kind enough to clear the area of any trash or coffee cups and to leave the meeting area cleaner than when found.